Campbell’s storybook style brings the narrative to life for young readers, taking them back in time and awakening a love and appreciation for Mary's place in the Church's life.
Children will learn about:
- Symbols and prophecies of Mary in the Old Testament
- Mary’s life according to the scriptures
- The beautiful names and titles the Church accords Our Lady
- The history of Marian devotions such as the Rosary, Brown Scapular, and Miraculous Medal
- Marian saints and their special love for Our Blessed Mother
- The stories of Marian apparitions like Guadalupe, Lourdes, and Fatima
- The Church’s understanding of Mary’s place in our salvation
- Apologetics for when non-Catholics challenge Marian devotion
Through it all, young readers will see how Mary has remained a constant object of love and a source of devotion for millions of Catholics throughout the centuries—and how she continues to nurture the Church to this day, and lead us all to her Son.
- Phillip Campbell
- Publication Date:
- Chris Pelicano
The breadth that this book covers is amazing. The description says for young readers, but I think adults will also enjoy it.
I really do enjoy learning more about the Blessed Virgin Mary, and I'm a "kid at heart". It almost persuades me to return to the Catholic Faith! I might highlight important info in that book, too!
I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it for its intended purpose as a textbook, but also as a reference book or just to read. As a convert to Catholicism, I had to completely change my view of the Blessed Mother and slowly see her as she is, the mother given to us by Jesus on the cross. She is our intercessor and friend. Phillip Campbell’s book is full of information out the Blessed Virgin Mary. Her appearances, the history of her life and mothering Jesus, the way she has interceded in the past in big and small ways. The reminder of the stories of the Miraculous Medal, the rosary, and the scapular were wonderful. The things I didn’t know such as the Battle of Lepanto were fascinating to me. Thank you to TAN Books for the copy of this book. I learned so much from this book and know it will be a great resource for others.